Simplotel is a Bangalore-based, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company helping over 2,000 hotels across 21 countries grow their direct business. We are powering e-commerce for some of the largest hotels in India. The name Simplotel comes from a combination of Simple and Hotel - our mission is to Simplify the life of hoteliers through technology. Simplotel is a ‘Shopify for Hotels’, was founded in October 2013 and is funded by Go-MMT - India’s largest Online Travel Agency.
*Simplotel was awarded the best startup in travel & hospitality for 2021 by Startup India, an initiative of the Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry in India.
Position - Lead/Manager - Website Designer:
- Lead all creative design and copywriting efforts; understand clients’ requirements and ensure good design and crisp copy is created
- Create eye-catching web designs with effective copy to communicate the story clients want
- Take projects from ideation to finished websites within communicated timelines
- Delegate responsibilities to other designers in the creative team to ensure smooth management of the project pipeline
- Present completed designs to clients and walk them through the thought process of the designs
- Employ industry and design best practices through website build process
- Mentor and offer direction to the design and content team
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in website designing and copywriting. Experience with a media agency is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of typography (fonts), illustration, iconography, layout and colour theory
- Proficiency in design tools such as the Adobe family and Figma
- Ability to consider content, navigation, structure, and user experience issues to create aesthetic but usable designs, on the underlying platform.
- Good graphic designing skills for creating logos, posters, backgrounds and other necessary creatives.
- Strong People management skills; ability to incorporate feedback and mentor the design team