Simplotel is a Bangalore based, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company helping over 2,000 hotels across 21 countries grow their direct business. We are powering e-commerce for some of the largest hotels in India. The name Simplotel comes from a combination of Simple and Hotel - our mission is to Simplify the life of hoteliers through technology. Simplotel is a ‘Shopify for Hotels’, was founded in October 2013 and is funded by Go-MMT - India’s largest Online Travel Agency.
*Simplotel was awarded the best startup in travel & hospitality for 2021 by Startup India, an initiative of the Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry in India.
Technical Project Manager
Simplotel is looking for a Project Manager based out of our headquarters in Bangalore to oversee the execution and delivery of our product development work. The Project Manager will oversee multiple projects, monitor their progress and completion, and ensure that they meet the expectations of the clients. He or she will be expected to ensure all involved parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Supervise and ensure delivery of key customer projects as per schedule
- Collaborate and coordinate with cross-discipline team members (developers, testers, client POCs) to ensure smooth project delivery
- Manage multiple projects in parallel, track progress and communicate any project risks proactively
- Be the point person for feature clarifications from the engineering team to clients and internal stakeholders
- Understand dependencies and assign work items to engineers and ensure project milestones are met
- Measure project delivery efficiency and timeliness
- Be the product expert
- BE/BCA or equivalent degree (preferably in computer science or electronics & communications). An MBA from a reputable college is a plus
- 2 years of prior Project management experience is required
- Strong project management skills, communication skills and the ability to deal with difficult customers
- Excellent problem-solving, business acumen, and interdepartmental coordination skills
- Good eye for detail
- Understanding Agile and Scrum and software development life cycles is a plus
- Ability to multitask and keep a handle on multiple projects