Simplotel is a Bangalore-based, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company helping over 2,000 hotels across 21 countries grow their direct business. We are powering e-commerce for some of the largest hotels in India. The name Simplotel comes from a combination of Simple and Hotel - our mission is to Simplify the life of hoteliers through technology. Simplotel is a ‘Shopify for Hotels’, was founded in October 2013 and is funded by Go-MMT - India’s largest Online Travel Agency.
*Simplotel was awarded the best startup in travel & hospitality for 2021 by Startup India, an initiative of the Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry in India.
Business Development Manager - Mumbai – Consultative Selling.
Simplotel is looking to hire a Business Development Manager, in a full-time capacity, who can sell our offerings to large hotels. This is an opportunity to join a company on the ground floor and become a part of the early growth. If you are passionate about selling internet technologies, you will thoroughly enjoy this position. An ideal candidate would be someone who is in Presales and wants to explore a Business Development Role.
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Meeting with hoteliers and potential prospects on a regular basis to build and nurture relationships.
- Cold calling; connecting with multiple potential prospects.
- Working with large hotels and partners across the country.
- Follow up on marketing leads, as well as expand business from the company’s existing client base or partners.
- Build strong brand relationships.
- Building pipelines with partners and team members to close sales.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- 2 - 5 years of work experience in technology sales (e-commerce preferred in both domestic and international markets).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Very high ethical standards.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and unpredictable work hours.
- Proven track record of meeting revenue targets.
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Business or Hotel Management. MBA is a plus.
- Ability to travel extensively