Simplotel is a Bangalore-based, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company helping over 2,000 hotels across 21 countries grow their direct business. We are powering e-commerce for some of the largest hotels in India. The name Simplotel comes from a combination of Simple and Hotel - our mission is to Simplify the life of hoteliers through technology. Simplotel is a ‘Shopify for Hotels’, was founded in October 2013 and is funded by Go-MMT - India’s largest Online Travel Agency.
*Simplotel was awarded the best startup in travel & hospitality for 2021 by Startup India, an initiative of the Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry in India.
Senior Finance and Accounts Analyst
- Oversee and manage daily program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, receivables, and payables.
- Responsible for the revenue recording process, payroll management, and vendor management.
- Design and maintain the MIS system for the company and verification of completeness and correctness of MIS.
- Ensuring that all legal compliances and annual audits are completed within time by coordinating with Auditors.
- Responsible for creating Budgets for each department and monitoring the same. Forecasting Annual and quarterly financial statements and tracking the variance.
- Implement Budgetary controls and ensure zero leakage in revenue and cost.
- Preparing monthly and weekly cash flow and following cash flow regulations.
- Handling the company’s treasury and banking activity to ensure the best finance options are made available to the company within the gambit of the company’s risk profile.
- Responsible for monthly reporting to the management and investors on the performance of the company.
- Handling all investor queries and sharing recurring reports as per the agreement
- Management of Accounts in Books and processing Invoices ensuring indirect taxes (including GST) is charged as per the applicable Laws.
- Reconciliation of Bank Statements and Payment Gateways with Books.
- Ad hoc tasks include generating reports.
- Practical Knowledge of GST Law, Income Tax Law and ROC Compliances.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with the team.
- Demonstrate good judgment and good problem-solving skills.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and
- Have high attention to detail, deliver reports with accuracy and stay organized.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to work within deadlines and take responsibility - must be able to identify the deadline for a piece of work to be completed.
- Degree: Bcom, MCom
- Experience: 2-3 years