Simplotel is a Bangalore based, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company helping over 2,000 hotels across 21 countries grow their direct business. We are powering e-commerce for some of the largest hotels in India. The name Simplotel comes from a combination of Simple and Hotel - our mission is to Simplify the life of hoteliers through technology. Simplotel is a ‘Shopify for Hotels’, was founded in October 2013 and is funded by Go-MMT - India’s largest Online Travel Agency.
*Simplotel was awarded the best startup in travel & hospitality for 2021 by Startup India, an initiative of the Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry in India.
Front-end JS Engineer
As early engineers at Simplotel, you will be responsible for directly interacting with customers, understanding the requirements and designing/ implementing the product feature and shipping it. Examples of key functionality include booking/ search engine, template engine, rules engine, scaling out the product on distributed setup to address HA & scalability needs, user management etc. We are building a global product out of India & you can be part of this opportunity!
Write high-performance and sustainable front-end applications primarily using EmberJS framework
Work closely with back-end engineers, product managers, and interaction designers
Good understanding of typography (fonts), illustration, iconography, and colour theory.
Implement new features and proactively optimize the existing code
Fix bugs and solve problems
Work on UI implementation using jinja2 and Django templates
- Deep and demonstrable experience in building interactive web applications
- Experience in any Framework/library like React, EmberJS and/or AngularJS
- Experience with integrating with RESTful JSON apis
- Expert in ES6, Vanilla JS, HTML5 and CSS
- Knowledge of web standards and experience with cross-browser compatibility
- Understanding of web technologies and good command on front-end debugging
- Self-motivated and organized, able to handle deadlines and drive improvements
- Jinja2, Django or other such templating engines
- Experience with Bootstrap and LESS/SASS preprocessors
- We put the willingness and passion to learn & build above anything else and if you think you have got it in you, do apply.