Simplotel is a Bangalore-based, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company helping over 2,000 hotels across 21 countries grow their direct business. We are powering e-commerce for some of the largest hotels in India. The name Simplotel comes from a combination of Simple and Hotel - our mission is to Simplify the life of hoteliers through technology. Simplotel is a ‘Shopify for Hotels’, was founded in October 2013 and is funded by Go-MMT - India’s largest Online Travel Agency.
*Simplotel was awarded the best startup in travel & hospitality for 2021 by Startup India, an initiative of the Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry in India.
Position - Visual Designer:
- Collaborate with clients and team members to identify website design requirements.
- Develop website layouts and designs using industry-standard design software and tools.
- Create mock-ups and prototypes to present to clients and make revisions as needed.
- Design and optimize websites for a variety of devices, including desktops, tablets, and mobile phones (mobile websites).
- Ensure website design is accessible and adheres to web accessibility guidelines (ADA, FGPR and other equivalent compliances).
- Stay up-to-date with current design trends and techniques and incorporate them into website design projects
- Work with developers to ensure that website design is implemented correctly and meets all technical requirements.
- Perform quality assurance checks to ensure that websites are functioning properly and are visually appealing.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create effective and visually appealing marketing materials, such as email templates, social media graphics, banners etc.
- 0-2 years of experience in website designing.
- Should have a bachelor's degree, preferably in a design-related field.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of design principles, typography (fonts), colour theory, iconography, illustration and layout design.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD/ Figma) and similar alternative programs.
- Experienced in using a template-driven application (WordPress, Wix,
- Squarespace Drupal etc.) - the initial configuration, modifications, and design enhancements.
- Experience designing responsive websites that adapt to different screen sizes.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.